The Luglock® lug nut retainer (US-spec wheel PCD) is a recent addition to the extensive Checkpoint® suite of lug nut safety products which comprises separate protective nut caps specially moulded together to form a ring that sits onto a set of lug nuts on a commercial vehicle wheel to help to protect and retain them, reducing the likelihood of wheel nut loosening.
The Luglock® represents a lug nut safety solution that not only incorporates safety functions to improve the integrity of the vehicle, but also provides protection to other road users, such as cyclists and pedestrians, from protruding wheel nuts. The product is durable, reusable, simple to use and looks highly professional on fleet vehicles.
The primary functions of Luglock® are to:
- Retain lug nuts within the ring structure to reduce the likelihood of them loosening
- Greatly reduce the likelihood of lug nuts backing away completely from the wheel hub
- Protect lug nuts from weathering, corrosion and road damage through covering each nut with a cap
- Reduce the ingress of dirt and extraneous matter into the thread of the lug nut and stud
- Protect individuals that come within close proximity of the vehicle by covering the lug nuts
- Provide a clear commitment to roadworthiness and professionalism to other road users, customers, health and safety, road and transportation associations
The primary benefits of fitting Luglock® are:
✓ Improved safety of structurally critical wheel nut fixings on vehicle wheels
✓ To help to reduce maintenance time and costs
✓ To provide a cost effective solution to improving lug nut security
✓ Product can be re-used many times
✓ Improved professionalism, roadworthiness and safety of company image and reputation
Luglock® is designed to be fitted on wheels without trims/step rings. Where a trim/step ring is fitted to the wheel, Dustite LR®
indicators must be used. Luglock® is fitted onto lug nuts once they have been tightened to the manufacturers recommendations using a suitable torque wrench
. The Luglock® should not be used as a direct replacement for a sound, safe vehicle wheel maintenance schedule, should be fitted in accordance with the product guidelines (available from the downloads tab) and used in combination with a robust wheel safety system of checks.
Manufactured in a robust but lightweight polymer, the material blend produces a product with the correct stiffness and elongation for this application whilst being UV stable, with a high resistance to salts, grease and other roadside chemicals.